Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Cruise! (And other fun things)

I'm FINALLY blogging about our cruise two weeks ago! We left on Sunday May 15th and headed down to Vegas where we stayed the night before finishing the drive to Long Beach on Monday. The cruise was four days, leaving Monday and getting back Friday morning, and went to Catalina Island and Ensenada. It was a blast! We had some downers, such as Catalina being cancelled because of weather and our room being super noisy in the mornings, but overall it was super fun! We ate some excellent food and Cody got his fill of soft serve ice cream cones. They also had a bunch of fun shows to go to, so we pretty much had a blast! Sorry, there's a million pics, but I figure if you're reading this blog, you care at least a little about us, so you can suffer through a few pictures ;)

My first time on a cruise ship!

The main lounge where all the big shows were

Livin' the high life! We had an onboard credit, so we enjoyed
some fruity (and non-alcoholic) drinks during the shows :)

Exploring the boat the first night. We didn't plan it, but its
kinda looks like I'm holding the tail...?

Elegant night at dinner

Our towel pet elephant

Going ashore at Ensenada! Now that it one big boat!

Going to see the Blowhole

The only day of sun we saw and we both got sunburned! Totally worth it!

Chillin' in our cabin

So after our fun adventure at sea, we drove up the coast to visit the Fam in Gilroy for a couple days! We were pretty busy so I didn't get many pics, but luckily I have a sister who did and routinely posts on her blog, unlike me :) Friday we hung out at the parents', playing with the kids and checking out their new living room and garage woodshop, and watching Tangled on the new gigantic movie projector! So fun!


Sadie was shy at first, but she warmed up quick :)


Playing "run around the house until Cody catches us."
Really, it's a great game :)
On Saturday, we started out with a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law (that's a mouthful, it'll be a lot easier when they get married). We went to lunch at OD's, this fantastic little restaurant in Gilroy, played some fun games and opened gifts. Yay!

The aftermath of a delicious meal...

Next, we had a birthday celebration for Justin and my uncle Shawn at my grandparents, where we had some fun playing with Sadie and Charlotte our on the lawn.

Cody and Charlotte hanging out on Grandpa's
exercise ball

Charlotte didn't get the memo about
smiling at the camera

After that, we headed over to a wedding reception for a couple in my old ward, where we had fun catching up with old friends and eating some delightful food prepared by the wonderful ladies of the ward (who also helped with my wedding, gotta love 'em!).


Sadie and I posing for the camera. She's got lots of practice!


On Sunday, we went to stake conference, and then headed home to gorge ourselves on swei jows (sp?), which are basically boiled potstickers. Delish! We then went over to the church to set up for my brother Jordan's Court of Honor, which went off really nice! He made a display booth for the church to take to different events, for family history I think. It looked really awesome! I didn't get any pics of it, so you can trust me on that :)

We headed home the next day, and the drive went pretty fast for me since I slept the whole time I wasn't driving. Sorry Cody! I think the drive was a little more taxing for him.

Last weekend for Memorial Day, we went up to Cody's family's cabin for some fun and food! These are just some fun pics of Jackson and Brylee being incredibly entertained by jumping off a bench. Go figure.




Loving her hair in this one, haha
Sorry for all the pics, but we had a busy last couple weeks! Thanks for enduring to the end!

2 comments:

  1. yay! that was so fun to see you guys..we should get together again soon...like in two weeks...hey, isn't our brother getting married then anyways? Perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete